Aletheia House, Birmingham AL

Discussion in 'Rehab Centers User Reviews & Discussions' started by savita, Oct 6, 2017.

1. savita

savita New Member

A community-based organization in Birmingham, Alabama, Aletheia House has been offering substance abuse prevention and treatment services to low-income individuals, as well as the communities where they live, since the year 1972.

Birmingham, AL 35204

Named after Greek goddess Aletheia, which means “to be truthful with yourself” or “truth,” Aletheia House is one of largest providers of substance abuse treatment, HIV/substance abuse prevention, affordable housing and employment services, in the state of Alabama.
    alethia4.png
    Founded by a group of community volunteers, Aletheia House provides both outpatient and inpatient programs for men, an outpatient program aimed at women, as well as an outpatient program that also includes transitional housing for pregnant women and mothers.

Focusing on women, Aletheia House offers Mother’s Hope and Women’s Hope, an outpatient program for expectant mothers, mothers with dependent children, and postpartum mothers. The program combines transitional living with outpatient care. Mother’s Hope program has nearly 30 single-family private residences for the clients and their family. Each house has a living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, and a single bathroom. Each home is furnished comfortably and offers on-site laundry facilities. The rehab also provides transportation to the and from the treatment program as well as childcare. Clients in the women programs are expected to make own arrangements for food. Those who require public assistance, the staff at Aletheia House assist in obtaining food stamps and getting through federal and state bureaucracies.
    alethia1.png
    For male clients, Aletheia House offers Men’s Residential and Power to Change programs. Both the programs assist in linking the client with other social services, employment and housing assistance, and transportation services.

While Men’s Residential and Mother’s Hope offer life skills coaching, individual, family and group counseling, Power to Change provides healthy living classes, individual counseling, stress management training, and employment assistance. Besides partner therapy, Women’s Hope also offers its clients employment assistance.

Programs for women and Men’s Residential program are free for clients till they are suitably employed after which a small, modest fee is charged from them.
    alethia2.png
    Treatment wise, the programs offered by the rehab utilizes CBT treatment process for individual, family and group therapies as well as couple’s therapy. Clients have to attend the individual therapy once weekly and group sessions every day. Scheduling for family therapy is done separately, with two to three sessions being held on a weekly basis. Of the two to three sessions held in family therapy, one session focuses on childcare and parenting skills, while other session focuses on building trust and partner relationships.

Aletheia House treatment team consists of MFTs, LCSWs, and LPCs.

Also, Aletheia House offers programs (residential and outpatient) for homeless veterans. The program structure is similar to other programs and includes employment services as well as transitional housing options.
    alethia3.png
    Aletheia House Cost: Sliding scale. Reach Aletheia House by phone at (205) 279-3999. Find Aletheia House on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.

2. beckik

beckik New Member

I had attended the Men’s Residential Program. I have to admit it was the toughest phase in my life. It had nothing to do with the staff though. They were the sweetest bunch of people I have ever seen. Always ready to help you and most importantly, are prepared to listen to you patiently. You guys rock!!!!!

3. allenrexler

allenrexler New Member

Aletheia House is a wonderful place to be at. The staff is accommodating. They would do their best to help you get your life back on track and would do everything possible to ensure that you stay sober even after the program has been completed. I would recommend this place to all my friends who plan to get a fresh start. Bless you, guys!!!

4. anorexorcist

anorexorcist New Member

I have been to many rehab houses and must say that my experience at Aletheia House has been the best till date. Everything about them is right. What I loved the most about them is the fact that they involve the family in the treatment process. This made my family realize what my problem was, and have forgiven me and accepted me. I will always be grateful to Aletheia House.

5. jester

jester New Member

I had visited this place with one of my friends who had heard a lot about this place and wanted to give it a go. We waited for nearly three hours and not once did anybody ask about us. People came to the waiting room and seemed to carry on with their work. Finally, our patience began to wear thin and we decided to take our business somewhere else. A rehab which cannot even ask about its clients can never be trusted to give proper treatment.

6. KegynAllen

KegynAllen New Member

Well, I can’t sing paeans about this place, but can say that this place does help people with substance abuse. My colleague undertook a program at this place, and he was sober for the longest time possible (six months). What always got his goat was the fact that the place always seemed to be stretched to its limits. The rehab always had quite a few staff members who would call in sick. Not sure why, but it affected the treatment a lot.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlands New Member

I had joined the Mother’s Hope program in 2007 and must say that they treated me well. The only thing that I found inadequate was that some of the staff members were always on a short fuse. Always shouting and treating others as if they were a big nuisance. Indeed, a bad attitude, especially in this kind of environment. They are bringing a bad reputation to this wonderful institution.

8. turtledove

turtledove New Member

My uncle had joined the veterans program at Aletheia House. Must say, he had the most horrible time out there due to utterly incompetent staff. They did not know how to follow things up, and their communication skills were inadequate for this type of work. Even after informing the management about these issues, no action was taken. Finally, my uncle had enough and got himself kicked out of the place. Pull up your socks guys…

9. PR Admin

PR Admin New Member

I enrolled in Men’s Program at Aletheia House after hearing a lot of good things about it. To say that I was disappointed with their services would be an understatement. I can’t pin the blame on one thing. I felt something was lacking in everything. I felt the seriousness which is required for these kinds of places was utterly lacking. I felt very disappointed with the time spent there.

10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane New Member

I attended the classes at Alethia house in 2011. I have to say that my experience at this place was average. The programs were great, and some of the counselors were great and went out of their way to help clients, while others were laid back and couldn’t care less about the problems of the clients. Overall, a mixed experience.

11. Blue Moss

Blue Moss New Member

Aletheia House gave me hope. I was a hardcore junkie, and it was affecting my life and relations. My family had kicked me out, and my girlfriend gave me an ultimatum to either get straight or forget her. That hurt me, and I decided to take the bull by the horn. I joined the program at Aletheia House and the staff at the place ensured that I understood the seriousness of my problem and showed me ways to get over it. I have sobered up a lot, and the credit goes to my girlfriend and Aletheia House.