How long does Adderall last? 10mg/20mg for study ok?

SWIM wants to start using Adderall, once in a while, just to keep focused, especially, when trying to cram for exams. SWIM doesn’t plan on using it too often – perhaps once every other week. He is wondering if 10 mg IR would be enough, to help him focus, for a good few hours. SWIM weighs 115 pounds, is 19 years of age, and about 5 feet 7 inches tall.

SWIM wants to start using Adderall, once in a while, just to keep focused, especially, when trying to cram for exams. SWIM doesn’t plan on using it too often – perhaps once every other week. He is wondering if 10 mg IR would be enough, to help him focus, for a good few hours. SWIM weighs 115 pounds, is 19 years of age, and about 5 feet 7 inches tall.
Hey there, I use it extremely rarely. May be once in every few months. Supply is a problem over here. I go only for the extended release. I take about 30 to 40 mg, but because it is extended release, it is spread out over 8 hours. Also, I tend to have a much larger tolerance than the average person. Overall, 10 mg will give you the feeling of Adderall, if you’ve never done it before. 20 mg will be more helpful in focusing. Another thing, if you have never done Adderall is, you may get a pounding heart, and other side effects that are not so much fun at all. You can’t get into the habit of using it every time you have to study either.

Perhaps I may be a little different, but I get effects even from 2.5 mg. I’d recommend you combine it with some coffee as well. So, yes, of course, 10 mg is going to be more than enough.

bl0p

Perhaps I may be a little different, but I get effects even from 2.5 mg. I’d recommend you combine it with some coffee as well. So, yes, of course, 10 mg is going to be more than enough.
Fine then. Hopefully, 10 mg will be enough. Otherwise, SWIM could always take another half or one, after about half an hour. There is no need to worry. Like I said, SWIM only plans to use it about once every other week. He only needs it for the stuff he simply cannot focus on- which he finds too boring.

5 mg is more than enough for me. I have a lower than normal tolerance, and I never abuse it. My own experience says that if I am not motivated enough to study, then no amount of Adderall is going to help. There have been many times, when I have taken Ritalin, and then spent the rest of the night arranging my music library of smoking chain cigarettes. If you seriously want to study, and have sufficient motivation, 10 mg is all you need. If I take any more than 20, then I am too high to even work.

Wow, effects from 2.5 mg? I must then have a crazy tolerance, because I can take 5 mg, and then fall asleep. Then again, I can fall asleep even after 400 mg of caffeine.

I suppose you have never taken Adderall earlier? Fine, as long as you do not abuse it, most people find that it has amazing effects on studying. It was my savior for my really big projects, which I had procrastinated on , for a very long time.

I was able to type for hours and hours, literally, without even stopping. I was that focused. That’s what I like so much about it. That was a big doe. I can in fact enjoy doing math homework for hours on end, and I actually hate math.

One tip I wish to give you is, don’t be stupid like me and take a bunch of Adderall, in the afternoon. You will just not be able to sleep.; Then if somebody finds you typing essays like a mad man at 4 AM, with dilated pupils, he’s going to know.

xnon

Sure, I get you. When it comes to studying, SWIM has no problems. SWIM doesn’t need Adderall to study. However, when it comes to classes which SWIM finds plain boring, it becomes hard to focus, and reading the texts and so on. SWIM is hoping Adderall can help in out there.

10 mg should be more than enough for a non-tolerant user. You need, however, to keep in mind that there is varying degree of bio-availability, depending on the route of administration. Oral is normally the lowest. This is because the digestive process takes place in an extremely acidic environment. The oral bioavailability of Adderall, is only about 22%, while the intranasal is higher – about 75% or more. The intrarectal is 95% or more, and IV is 100%.

If you do not want to snort it, you can take it with baking soda. Baking soda will neutralizer the acid in the stomach, and increase the bioavailability. I t will prolong the effects, because of more alkaline blood and urine. The amount that is eliminated from the blood each hour decreases, increasing the half-life. If you want to prolong the effects, you should also avoid drinking fruity beverages, as they are very acidic.

Discaimer: I’m writing this at 10 in the night, long after what ever Adderall I have taken has worn off. Hence the Adderall is not what is helping me concentrate and focus enough to be able to write this.

Below is the list of meds that I am presently taking:

Venlafaxine 75 mg once daily

Norco 10-325 (half a pill 6 times daily)

Xanax SOS (barely take it)

They diagnosed me with ADD , in June of 2014. They first prescribed me 5 mg twice daily. That did nothing at all for me. Therefore, on the 19th of June, 2014, they upped it to 20 mg twice a day.

Today, I took Adderall at 5:30, and it kicked in seamlessly. However, I was still unable to focus. I was watching a movie, and I felt th3e same, a bit later into the movie as well. Suddenly, it feltlike I was getting engulfed in the movie. That feeling lasted for about half an hour. Then, I was back to normal. I does not give me the energy that other people say that it does.

When I take my Adderall dose a few hours later, I start feeling very unmotivated, anxious, nervous, with an increased heart rate, and this lasts for about an hour and a half and then goes away. This has happened to me, both the times I have taken Adderall. There seems to be some sort of real low, or slump , as the medication wears off. This is entirely my own speculation .

When I think about doing even a very simple task, the thought of it starts to overwhelm me, and if I keep thinking about it, my chest starts to have a funny feeling in it and I want to avoid doing that small little thing at all costs. I never felt this was up until after I started taking Adderall. Is this perhaps a side effect? Or is it normal?

Tomorrow, I will be going to work, after taking my morning dose. Let me see how things go. I hope it will not be as bad as it was, when I was at home. I wanted to try it first at home, over a weekend, just so that I could get comfortable with it. I did not want to go tweaking in front of my colleague, when they are in the middle of say, a project meeting.

I have some questions:

I take Narco 10-325 , split in halves, six times daily. Could it be that the Narco is screwing with the way Adderall is working, and therefore making me feel worse?

Is the Adderall dosage for me wrong?

Is Adderall not the right drug for my body?

Is Adderall not supposed to make you feel any different at all? Is it supposed to be like a new normal that becomes subconscious, so that you do not even notice the shift occurring?

Discaimer: I’m writing this at 10 in the night, long after what ever Adderall I have taken has worn off. Hence the Adderall is not what is helping me concentrate and focus enough to be able to write this.

Below is the list of meds that I am presently taking:

Venlafaxine 75 mg once daily

Norco 10-325 (half a pill 6 times daily)

Xanax SOS (barely take it)

They diagnosed me with ADD , in June of 2014. They first prescribed me 5 mg twice daily. That did nothing at all for me. Therefore, on the 19th of June, 2014, they upped it to 20 mg twice a day.

Today, I took Adderall at 5:30, and it kicked in seamlessly. However, I was still unable to focus. I was watching a movie, and I felt th3e same, a bit later into the movie as well. Suddenly, it feltlike I was getting engulfed in the movie. That feeling lasted for about half an hour. Then, I was back to normal. I does not give me the energy that other people say that it does.

When I take my Adderall dose a few hours later, I start feeling very unmotivated, anxious, nervous, with an increased heart rate, and this lasts for about an hour and a half and then goes away. This has happened to me, both the times I have taken Adderall. There seems to be some sort of real low, or slump , as the medication wears off. This is entirely my own speculation .

When I think about doing even a very simple task, the thought of it starts to overwhelm me, and if I keep thinking about it, my chest starts to have a funny feeling in it and I want to avoid doing that small little thing at all costs. I never felt this was up until after I started taking Adderall. Is this perhaps a side effect? Or is it normal?

Tomorrow, I will be going to work, after taking my morning dose. Let me see how things go. I hope it will not be as bad as it was, when I was at home. I wanted to try it first at home, over a weekend, just so that I could get comfortable with it. I did not want to go tweaking in front of my colleague, when they are in the middle of say, a project meeting.

I have some questions:

I take Narco 10-325 , split in halves, six times daily. Could it be that the Narco is screwing with the way Adderall is working, and therefore making me feel worse?

Is the Adderall dosage for me wrong?

Is Adderall not the right drug for my body?

Is Adderall not supposed to make you feel any different at all? Is it supposed to be like a new normal that becomes subconscious, so that you do not even notice the shift occurring?
The low, or the slump, that you were referring to is typical. It is actually called a come down. The comedown of Adderall makes me feel tired at times, but usually it makes me wired and awake , minus all the feel good , motivational feelings that I feel in the beginning. This, I guess, is because of higher levels of levoamphetamine, which is one of the amphetamines, in Adderall, in the blood, towards the end (about 6 hours after dosing.) , which tends to have long and peripheral side-effects such as jerkiness or a “tweaked out” feeling.

Sure, the Narco could affect the way in which the Adderall works. Narcos are3 depressants. Depressants can make the stimulating effects of Adderall unnoticeable. I wouldn’t say that it would make anything worse, but I myself have never combined the two meds, and therefore I can not speak from experience.

I know that I was first prescribed Vyvanse, when I was initially diagnosed with ADHD. It certainly made me feel very different. It was not good – just different. These things can be very hard to explain.

I now think that perhaps the dosage was too high for me. I’m back to 5 mg, and I tried it today, at 3 pm. The side effects were not nearly as bad. However, I am still trying to fight that unmotivated feeling , throughout the whole time, when the Adderall is supposed to Have been working. This is confusing. Do amphetamines have no effect at all one me? Or am I so majorly depressed, that nothing is ever going to work for me? Today, even after taking my first dose in the morning, I feel like doing nothing at all. Instead of helping me focus on anything, what Adderall does , is distract me , with all the major side effects, and my focus all shifts there.

I now think that perhaps the dosage was too high for me. I’m back to 5 mg, and I tried it today, at 3 pm. The side effects were not nearly as bad. However, I am still trying to fight that unmotivated feeling , throughout the whole time, when the Adderall is supposed to Have been working. This is confusing. Do amphetamines have no effect at all one me? Or am I so majorly depressed, that nothing is ever going to work for me? Today, even after taking my first dose in the morning, I feel like doing nothing at all. Instead of helping me focus on anything, what Adderall does , is distract me , with all the major side effects, and my focus all shifts there.
In that case, may be Adderall is not really the best medication for you. You should speak to your doctor about these side effects. There are many other options, to treat ADHD>.

Have you tried any of these other ADHD medications?

Ritalin (methylphenidate) – 4 hours , Concerta (methylphenidate) – 9 to 12 hours , Focaline (methylphenidate) – 5 hours , Desoxyn (methamphetamine) – 6 hours , Strattera (Atomoxetine)?

Perhaps , Ritalin , or Vyvanse may be worth a try if you have not already tried them. I hope you and your doct5or can together figure out something that suits you better. Best of luck !

Why IR and why not ER pills? – it should solve your comedown problem, and its much easier on the body. Ask for ER, if its available. I’ve heard of many people having the ER version , just in order to help even out the effects. Sometimes, it may be prescribed specifically as IR, which may be given as a sort of booster , if the ER doesn’t last the entire day.

I was prescribed with Ritalin , when I was initially diagnosed with ADHD. I felt nothing at all, the first day that I took it. Subsequently, I started alternating between feeling nothing at all and feeling anxious and nauseous and also wired. My blood pressure shoots up too. Finally, I was taken off the Ritalin a month later, and then put on dexedrine – this works for me. Therefore, you have to give it some time, at a particular dose or medication , before you start changing meds, in case it is actually something else that is causing the way you respond, for example, other meds, illness, stress and so on.

Hey, I am 45 years old, and they just prescribed me Adderall IR, 20 mg twice a day, about two months ago. I was diagnosed with AAD after suffering from depression for a very long time. For that I had earlier been on Prozac. I am not going to lie. After the Adderall kicked in, the euphoria which I experienced was something else. I respect this stuff and realize how easy it is t0 start abusing them. I personally do not mind the coming down part. I do not like to be switched on for long periods. It becomes annoying , no matter how good it may make you feel. The brain too needs some rest. I am a newbie, but Prozac combined with Adderall just made me lose more than 30 pounds since February. That definitely helps with my depression , and I can not find any fault with that. I am actually yet to find a negative side effect of Adderall. I hope you can get your dosage to a manageability that you ar3e finally comfortable with. Good luck!

Hi, I’m really sensitive to any medication. Hence, my doctor gave me a slow titration schedule , while starting me on Adderall. I started on 10 mg, and was supposed to go up by 5 mg every week, until I reached 25 mg , barring side effects.

What happened was , felt nothing at all, on 10 mg. However, when on 15 mg, I became focused and productive and had the best days that I have had in years. Next, I went up to 20 mg, and things began to feel strange. I started getting aggressive, and high and speedy. Knowing me, this could mean that I have not adjusted to the high dosage properly. That’s because I am sensitive to medications. I am also really nervous about taking too high a dose.

The issue is that 20 mg is supposed to be the minimum therapeutic dosage, for adults. However, I have heard of some people who take under 15 mg, and have the therapeutic effect too. So, I was just wondering: how many adults find that 20 mg is extremely high for dosage , or how many people know an adult who happens to be taking only 10 to 15 mg?

Hi, I’m really sensitive to any medication. Hence, my doctor gave me a slow titration schedule , while starting me on Adderall. I started on 10 mg, and was supposed to go up by 5 mg every week, until I reached 25 mg , barring side effects.

What happened was , felt nothing at all, on 10 mg. However, when on 15 mg, I became focused and productive and had the best days that I have had in years. Next, I went up to 20 mg, and things began to feel strange. I started getting aggressive, and high and speedy. Knowing me, this could mean that I have not adjusted to the high dosage properly. That’s because I am sensitive to medications. I am also really nervous about taking too high a dose.

The issue is that 20 mg is supposed to be the minimum therapeutic dosage, for adults. However, I have heard of some people who take under 15 mg, and have the therapeutic effect too. So, I was just wondering: how many adults find that 20 mg is extremely high for dosage , or how many people know an adult who happens to be taking only 10 to 15 mg?
20 mg is not the minimum. It is the recommended. That is the average point at which people who are new to the medication find the drug beneficial. In adults, with ADHD, who are starting treatment , or switching from another medication , the recommended dosage per day is 20 mg.

I was prescribed Concerta , for 6 months , after getting diagnosed with ADHD, at the age of 40. I felt great except that for the initial two hours after taking it, I used to feel really hot. However, my life came back into order, and I even managed to get some good certifications in my field of work. I achieved more in my personal and professional life , than ever before. The problem is, my body got used to is, within about 6 months, and I found myself right back at the point where I used to be before the medication. My doctor was not keen on increasing my dosage, and was instead telling me to stop using it on weekends. I managed to convince her to give a different drug instead. She gave me Adderall , 10 mg. After taking the Adderall, I do feel more energetic, but I am not nearly all the way there. So, today I took 20 mg. I do feel better, but I am unsure whether I should try 30 mg next. My question specifically is – Does 20 mg of Adderall XR equal 54 mg of Concerta?

MMae

I was prescribed Concerta , for 6 months , after getting diagnosed with ADHD, at the age of 40. I felt great except that for the initial two hours after taking it, I used to feel really hot. However, my life came back into order, and I even managed to get some good certifications in my field of work. I achieved more in my personal and professional life , than ever before. The problem is, my body got used to is, within about 6 months, and I found myself right back at the point where I used to be before the medication. My doctor was not keen on increasing my dosage, and was instead telling me to stop using it on weekends. I managed to convince her to give a different drug instead. She gave me Adderall , 10 mg. After taking the Adderall, I do feel more energetic, but I am not nearly all the way there. So, today I took 20 mg. I do feel better, but I am unsure whether I should try 30 mg next. My question specifically is – Does 20 mg of Adderall XR equal 54 mg of Concerta?
It is roughly 2;1. That means, 20 mg of Adderall, would equal close to 40 mg of Concerta, and 30 mg would be equaling close to 54 mg of Concerta. However, please speak to your doctor, before changing your medication in any way. Advice does not constitute therapeutic relationship or the promise3 of care. Please consult your doctor, for that.